Building on our Mission
- We focus on Audience Engagement and Accommodations (ALD, ASL, AD, Autism/Sensory Friendly/Relaxed, Open Captioning, Expanded Wheelchair Seating and Physical Access)
- RJ Grey Theater was renamed the Dragonfly Theater and endowed in memory of our beloved Open Door Theater board member and alum, Jen Haan.
- We bring Deaf Actors and Deaf Professional Directors of Artistic Sign Language to our stage
- We start our own American Sign Language class for our community.
Taking it to the Next Level
- ODT brings our access mission to the forefront in all aspects of our programming and is awarded Most Accessible Cultural Organization in Massachusetts 2018 by the Massachusetts Cultural Council Universal Programing.
- In 2020, we retool our mission to offer free on-line classes, watch parties, weekly check-ins, parking lot workshops, and car concerts as micro-engagements to support the mental health of our community.
- We educate, train and model best practices in access for other arts organizations and community non-profits. Think Outside the Vox, an anti-ableist, arts consulting, non-profit outreach arm of ODT is born