THE LIGHNTING THIEF
1. PERCY JACKSON
4. LUKE (sing)
5. CLARISSE (sing)
6. SILENA (sing)
7. KATIE GARDNER (sing)
8. SALLY JACKSON (song) – Adult
9. MR. D (song) – Adult
10. GABE UGLIANO -Adult
GODS + HALF-BLOODS + CREATURES (oh my)
11. MR. BRUNNER/CHIRON (song) – Adult
12. ARES (sing in DRIVE) – Adult
13. POSEIDON – Adult
14. HADES – Adult
15. THE ORACLE (song) – Adult
16. CHARON (song) – Adult
17. MRS. DODD/FURY – Adult
18. AUNTY EM/MEDUSA – Adult
19. THALIA (sing in THE TREE ON THE HILL)
20. JAMES BROWN (sing in D.O.A.)
21. WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART (sing in D.O.A.)
22. KURT COBAIN (sing in D.O.A.)
23. JANIS JOPLIN (sing in D.O.A.)
GREEK CHORUS + THINGS
HALF-BLOOD CHORUS, STUDENT CHORUS, CAMPER CHORUS, ORACLE ECHO CHORUS, STATUE CHORUS, GHOULS CHORUS
VIENNA BOYS CHOIR (sing in D.O.A.)
SQUIRREL (appears in LOST)
ECHIDNA (line in DRIVE)
BIANCA (line in DRIVE)
DJ CERBERUS – Three headed Dog (appears in D.O.A no lines)
SISTER FURIES (appear in opening of Act 2 no lines)
GREYHOUND PASSENGER 1, GREYHOUND PASSENGER 2 (lines in opening of Act 2)
TRAIN CONDUCTOR (line in DRIVE)
FARMER (line in DRIVE)
NEWSCASTER (line in DRIVE)
3 Lead Roles for Teens- Singing
1. PERCY JACKSON
4 Featured Roles for Teens – Singing
7. KATIE GARDNER
3 Lead Roles for Adults – Singing
8. MR. BRUNNER/CHIRON
9. SALLY JACKSON
10. MR. D
1 Featured Role for Teen – Singing
3 Featured Roles for Adults – Singing
12. ARES (sing in DRIVE)
13. THE ORACLE
4 Featured Roles for Adults – Non-Singing
17. MRS. DODD/FURY
18. AUNTY EM/MEDUSA
1 Cameo Role for Adult – Non-Singing
3 Cameo Roles for Adults or Teens – Singing
WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART
Greek Chorus (10) – Squirrel (LOST), Echidna (DRIVE), Bianca (DRIVE), CJ Cerberus (D.O.A.), Greyhound Passengers 1&2, Train Conductor, Farmer, Newscaster – The Weirdest Dream, Lost, Drive, D.O.A. as Vienna Boys Choir, Bring On the Monsters
Half-Blood Chorus/Camper Chorus (10) – Thalia (THE TREE ON THE HILL), Prologue, The Campfire Song, Good Kid, Killer Quest, Bring on the Monsters
Student Chorus/Oracle Chorus/Statue Chorus/Ghouls Chorus (10) – Minotaur, Sister Furies, Aunty Em Statues, The Day I Got Expelled, The Oracle, D.O.A., Bring On the Monsters
1. PERCY JACKSON – (Male, lead, tenor) – a demigod, the mortal son of Sally Jackson and Greek god Poseidon. He has ADHD and is living with dyslexia. He is described as “changeable like the sea” and hard to predict. Percy’s “powers” start small and develop as the show proceeds. He is a good kid with a teenage temper.
2. ANNABETH – (Female, lead, soprano) – Percy’s friend and sometime competitor, also a demigod, her mother is Athena. She is smarter than you.
3. GROVER – (Male, lead, tenor) – Percy’s best and only friend in the world. Happy-go-lucky satyr, like a hippie kid with hooves.
4. LUKE – (Male, supporting, baritone/tenor) – son of Hermes, he is introduced as the cool camp counselor.
5. CLARISSE – (Female, supporting, mezzo-soprano/soprano) – daughter of Ares, she is a tough jock girl with the fighting skills to prove it.
6. SILENA – (Female, featured, mezzo-soprano) – daughter of Aphrodite, always in love
7. KATIE GARDNER – (Female, featured, mezzo-soprano) – daughter of Demeter, very concerned about the earth
8. SALLY JACKSON – (Adult Female, supporting, mezzo-soprano) – Percy’s hard-working mother doing her best to protect and raise her son on her own.
9. MR. D – (Adult Male, supporting, baritone/tenor) – irritable director or Camp Half-Blood and the god of Wine (Dionysus), his father Zeus sentenced him to centuries of servitude at Camp Half-Blood for his bad behavior.
10. GABE UGLIANO – (Adult Male, cameo, non-singing) – Percy’s VERY foul, smelling of garlic, stepfather. (this is a very small role)
11. MR. BRUNNER/CHIRON – (Adult Male, supporting, tenor/baritone) – A wise centaur and part-time Latin teacher.
12. ARES – (Adult Male, featured, tenor/baritone) – god of War and Clarisse’s father. He is a rock-star in motorcycle leather pants.
13. POSEIDON – (Adult Male, featured, non-singing) – Percy’s father, god of the Sea, a salty beach bum.
14. HADES – (Adult Male, featured, non-singing) – god of the Dead, an aging rock-star type (thing Mick Jagger and Davie Bowie.
15. THE ORACLE– (Adult Female, featured, mezzo-soprano) – a hippie mummy with some knowledge.
16. CHARON – (Adult Female, featured, mezzo-soprano/soprano) – ferryperson to the underworld, with a big personality and an even bigger voice.
17. MRS. DODD/FURY – (Adult Female, cameo, non-singing) – a Fury posing as a substitute teacher.
18. AUNTY EM aka MEDUSA – (Adult Male, featured, non-singing) – an avid “sculptor”.
19. THALIA – (Female, featured, soprano) – daughter of Zeus, very brave. (this actor will also be in Half-blood Chorus)
The following roles cast from various ensembles:
20. SQUIRREL – a squirrel puppet
21. MINOTAUR – a minotaur puppet
22. JAMES BROWN (cameo singer)
23. WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART (cameo singer)
24. KURT COBAIN (cameo singer)
25. JANIS JOPLIN (cameo singer)
26. DJ CERBERUS – a Three-headed dog “d.j.”
27. ECHIDNA – mother of monster
28. BIANCA – a mysterious girl in 1930’s clothes
31. TRAIN CONDUCTOR
32/33. GREYHOUND PASSENGER 1 & 2
34/35. SISTER FURIES
36. KRONOS – a voice in a pit